If, after reviewing this information, you are interested in becoming an arbitrator, apply to our roster today. Unless waived by FINRA at its discretion, arbitrator applicants must have a minimum of five years of paid business and/or professional experience and at least two years of college-level credits.
- Register and/or log into FINRA's system;
- Complete the arbitrator application and submit it electronically with:
- completed and signed Consent to Background Search and Investigation form; and
- a non-refundable $80 fee. Please note that this fee is required to verify the background and information provided by the applicant.
- Expect to receive notice of your application status within 60 - 90 days. FINRA Dispute Resolution conducts a preliminary review of your completed application before forwarding it to a subcommittee of the National Arbitration and Mediation Committee (NAMC) for final approval.
If the NAMC approves your application, you will receive written notice of your approval, and will be ready to start the Basic Arbitrator Training Program.
The online arbitrator application is compatible with the following browsers:
- Internet Explorer 8 and higher
- Firefox 13 and higher
- Google Chrome
If you prefer, view instructions on completing a printable version of the arbitrator application.
Questions on the Application Process
Please contact us by email or (855) 209-1620 or (212) 858-3999 if you have any questions about the application process. You may also review the Arbitrator Application User Guide.
Refer an Arbitrator Candidate
Do you know someone who may be interested in becoming a candidate? Please email their name and contact information to Erroll Angara or contact her at (212) 858-3950.