Testing & Continuing Education Scheduling Frequently Asked Questions
Candidates may take their exams and Continuing Education (CE) sessions at either the Pearson VUE or the Prometric Testing Centers. The following are frequently asked questions about FINRA scheduling procedures.
1. I'm not sure where I want to take my exam. Can I schedule an appointment at a Prometric and a Pearson center for the same exam?
No. You can only have one appointment per exam.
2. What if I'm already scheduled at a Prometric Testing Center but want to reschedule my appointment to a Pearson Testing Center?
You must first cancel your appointment with the first vendor (in this case Prometric Testing Center) before scheduling a new appointment with the other vendor (Pearson VUE Testing Center). Please review the Cancellation Policy page to determine whether you are within the timeframe allotted for rescheduling or if additional fees will apply.
You can cancel a Prometric appointment by going to www.prometric.com/finra or by calling: (800) 578-6273.
You can cancel a Pearson appointment by going to www.pearsonvue.com/finra or by calling: (866) 396-6273.
3. I had a technical problem at a center and they cannot reschedule me for two weeks. However, I just found out there is another center close by that has availability. Can I just call the other center to schedule?
You can attempt to make an appointment at the other center. If you are unable to do so, you should contact your registration department. They will in turn contact FINRA to resolve the problem.
4. What happens if I go to the wrong center? Can I still take my test or do I have to reschedule
You will need to work with the center staff to determine if it is possible to take the test at that location. Be aware that you may be charged a no-show or late cancellation fee by the center that originally reserved your appointment. Complete information can be found on FINRA’s Cancellation Policy page.
5. I called the test center to inquire about my appointment, but they were unable to find it based on my appointment confirmation number. What should I do?
Ask the test center to search for your appointment using your last name, your CRD/FINRA ID number and the examination/series #. If the center is still unable to find your appointment, contact your registration department. They can work with FINRA to resolve the problem.
6. My registration department scheduled me at a center I did not want to go to. Can I reschedule the appointment to another center?
If you are planning to schedule an appointment at a site operated by the same vendor as your scheduled appointment but at a different location or date, you can contact the vendor to reschedule. However, if you are planning to schedule your appointment with a different vendor, you will need to cancel the first appointment, and then contact the other vendor to schedule a new appointment. Please review the Cancellation Policy page to determine whether you are within the timeframe allotted for rescheduling or if additional fees will apply.
7. Why can't I just transfer my appointment from Pearson Professional Center to a Prometric Testing Center? Don't they use the same information?
Although much of the same information is required for scheduling an appointment, each vendor has its own scheduling system to schedule appointments in their delivery network.
8. Can I schedule on the Internet for both vendors?
Yes you can schedule on the Internet for Prometric Testing Centers at www.prometric.com/finra, or Pearson Professional Centers at www.pearsonvue.com/finra.
9. Is the cancellation policy the same for both vendors?
Yes, the cancellation policy is the same. Complete information can be found on FINRA’s Cancellation Policy page.
10. Where can I go for help if I am having problems scheduling or have a complaint about a test center?
You should contact your firm's Registration Department.
11. Where can I go to view the entire list of testing centers for both vendors?
You can visit FINRA's test center location list for a complete listing of centers along with addresses, phone numbers and directions to each location.
12. I feel comfortable scheduling my appointment, but what about the center procedures once I get there. Will both vendors follow the same sign in procedures?
For the most part, the centers will follow identical procedures with two notable exceptions: