The Securities and Exchange Commission will host for the first time a technology roundtable to explore the impact of changing technology on the securities markets and to discuss the regulatory environment of the future.
Key areas to be addressed include:
- access to information
- electronic advice and analysis
- electronic executions
- broader implications of increased technology
Tuesday, April 14, 1998; 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Securities and Exchange Commission
450 Fifth Street, NW
- Arthur Levitt, Chairman
- Norman Johnson, Commissioner
- Laura Unger, Commissioner
- Barry Barbash, Director, Division of Investment Management
- Brian Lane, Director, Division of Corporation Finance
- Richard Lindsey, Director, Division of Market Regulation, (Moderator)
- Richard Walker, General Counsel
- John Brennan, Chairman and CEO, The Vanguard Group
- Jamie Dimon, Co-Chairman and Co-CEO, Salomon Smith Barney
- Bran Ferren, Executive VP Creative Technology/R&D, Walt Disney Imagineering
- William Lyons, President and COO, American Century Investments
- Barbara Perrier-Dreyer, Vice President and CFO, Outreach Technologies
- David Pottruck, President and CEO, Charles Schwab & Co., Inc.
- Robert Pozen, President and CEO, FMR Co.
- John Reed, Chairman, and CEO, Citicorp
- William Schrader, President and CEO, PSINet, Inc.
- Frank Zarb, Chairman, President and CEO, NASD, Inc.
Sheila Slevin - (202) 942-0795