FINRA’s Corporate Internship Program—a paid 12-week program—offers practical “hands-on” experience with the largest independent regulator for all securities firms doing business in the United States. Our program offers interns opportunities to build their careers—and supplement what they’ve learned in the classroom—by meeting and working with employees throughout our organization.
Previous interns consistently rate our program as excellent and would recommend it to other students. Ninety-five percent felt that the work they performed was challenging and meaningful, and that they were better prepared to enter the workplace upon completion of their internship with FINRA.
Our program runs from late-May through mid-August. Interns work a maximum of 40 hours per week at a competitive hourly pay rate.
Each year, summer internships are offered in several cities, and may include:
- Atlanta, GA
- Boston, MA
- Boca Raton, FL
- Chicago, IL
- Dallas, TX
- Denver, CO
- Kansas City, MO
- Long Island, NY
- Los Angeles, CA
- New Orleans, LA
- New York City, NY
- Philadelphia, PA
- Rockville, MD
- Washington, DC
- Woodbridge, NJ
Opportunities are available in a wide range of specialties* that may include:
- Dispute Resolution
- Human Resources
- Internal Audit
- Market Regulation
- Member Regulation
- Office of Fraud Detection and Market Intelligence
- Office of General Counsel
*Many opportunities are limited to certain locations. For detailed job descriptions and locations for each intern position, and to apply, please visit www.finra.org/careers.
- The ideal candidates are majors in finance, accounting, business administration, or information technology, or are pursuing a master’s degree or J.D.
- Candidates entering their third or fourth year of undergraduate studies or pursuing graduate studies are preferred.
- Work experience in a financial, brokerage or investment environment is a plus.
To submit an application:
- Go to www.finra.org/careers and click “Current Opportunities” link
- Search for an internship position by selecting "Internships" under "Job Field"
- Select the internship that matches your interests and background and click "Apply Online"
- Build your profile and upload your cover letter, resume and school transcript
FINRA is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer