Tax Information

FINRA arbitrators are not employees of FINRA. As independent contractors, arbitrators will receive a 1099-MISC Form from FINRA if they earn $600 or more from providing arbitration services for FINRA during the previous year.

If you have questions about your FINRA issued 1099 Form, please contact FINRA's tax team by email or at (240) 386-5660. Otherwise contact the payer (or issuer) of the 1099 or the Internal Revenue Service.