Problems Viewing PDF Files with Adobe Reader X (version 10.1.2)
If you use Internet Explorer and recently upgraded to Adobe Reader X (version 10.1.2) you may experience problems viewing PDF files on FINRA.org and related applications.
This is a widespread issue and is not specific to FINRA. Adobe is aware of the problem.
Until Adobe resolves this issue you can try one or more of these workarounds. FINRA does not recommend one option over another. Note that some options may require you to have administrator access to your computer.
- Refresh your browser by pressing the F5 key on your keyboard or clicking the Refresh button on your browser. (Note: this option does not work for BrokerCheck or Investment Advisor Search.)
- Change the preferences in Adobe Reader 10.1.2 to open PDFs directly in Reader (see details below).
- Use a browser other than Internet Explorer.
- Install the patch provided by Adobe.
- Use an earlier version of Adobe Reader (prior to version 10.1.2).
- Use another PDF viewer product.
Changing Adobe Reader Preferences
- Open Adobe Reader.
- Select Edit.
- Select Preferences.
- In the Internet section, uncheck "Display PDF in browser" and click OK.
- Close Adobe Reader.
- When you click a PDF link or the "Get Detailed Report" button in BrokerCheck or IAPD you will be prompted to open or save the PDF, which will open in Adobe Reader.
If after trying these options you are still experiencing problems, please complete our problem reporting form and a member of our team will contact you. You can also call us at 301-590-6500.
Visit Adobe's Contact Support page for Acrobat to contact Adobe directly.