2014 FINRA Diversity Summit
FINRA Diversity Summit
March 4, 2014
8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
52 Broadway, New York, NY
The FINRA Diversity Summit provides a forum for diversity practitioners and business leaders from securities firms, financial regulators and other organizations to share diversity and inclusion best practices that link business goals to the workplace and the marketplace.
Hear from our keynote speaker John W. Rogers, Jr., CEO of Ariel Investments, who will kick off the event by sharing his perspective and experience in the diversity arena. Other business and industry leaders will join the discussion on various topics, including:
- Influencing the Corner Suite—Eric Grossman, Chief Legal Officer of Morgan Stanley, will discuss strategies for leveraging C-suite executives to sustain a diverse and inclusive culture.
- Diversity as an Asset: Strategies for Sustaining a Culture of Diversity and Inclusion—Experienced diversity practitioners Jimmie Paschall of Wells Fargo & Company and Michele C. Green of Prudential Financial, Inc. will share their perspectives on implementing diversity and inclusion initiatives. Panelists will also discuss best practices for overcoming challenges to building a sustainable culture of diversity and inclusion through engagement and innovation.
- Brain Trust: Roundtables to Share Diversity & Inclusion Best Practices—Facilitated roundtable discussions about programs, initiatives, challenges and solutions that help build and sustain diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Each group will share their ideas with other attendees. Roundtable topics:
- Staying Relevant: Building innovative and fresh ideas to stay competitive and relevant to employees and to the outside world
- Business Collaborations: Partnering with the business to strengthen internal and external relationships for diversity
- Men as Gender Champions: Engaging men in the pursuit of gender diversity and balance
- Branding: Maximizing and leveraging internal and external communications to boost an organization’s diversity and inclusion image
- Accountability and Incentives: Linking diversity to compensation, performance and career advancement
- Allies as Change Agents—Jody Huckaby, Executive Director of PFLAG National (Parents, Families, and Friends of Lesbians and Gays), discusses how to leverage allies in building impactful diversity and inclusion initiatives that lead to organizational success and employee engagement.
- Voice of Experience—Sallie Krawcheck, Business Leader of 85 Broads will share her thoughts and insights on sustainable relationship-based diversity and inclusion programs that improve employee engagement, growth and retention.