Frequently Asked Questions Related to FINRA’s Move to Prometric as its Exclusive Test Delivery Vendor
The following are frequently asked questions related to FINRA’s move to engage Prometric as the single vendor to deliver FINRA and its client exams, which becomes effective January 1, 2018.
- 1. I’ve always taken exams at a Pearson VUE testing center. Where can I take my exams now?
- Prometric. You can find a list of testing centers near you at Prometric.com.
- 2. When is the last day I can take an exam at a Pearson VUE testing center?
- December 31, 2017.
- 3. What if I want or need to reschedule my appointment with Pearson VUE?
- If you need to reschedule your appointment, you may do so, provided the reschedule date is no later than December 31, 2017, and adheres to FINRA’s current cancellation/reschedule policy. After December 31, 2017, you must reschedule your exam at a Prometric testing center.
- 4. What if I did not pass my exam at a Pearson VUE testing center on December 31, 2017? Can I reschedule my exam at another Pearson VUE testing center?
- No, you must reschedule your exam at a Prometric testing center. Also, if you did not pass, a waiting period will apply based on FINRA Rule 1070 (e). Generally, you may take the exam again 30 days after the date of the prior exam. Please visit “After Your Exam” webpage.
- 5. Does Prometric support testing accommodations or modifications?
- Yes. However, you must first submit your accommodation requests to FINRA for review and approval. If FINRA approves the accommodation, FINRA will then communicate the request to Prometric prior to the appointment. To learn more about submitting a testing accommodation request, please visit “Exam Candidates Requiring Special Accommodations” webpage.
- 6. Can I use my existing Pearson VUE profile to create an appointment with Prometric?
- No. Also, Prometric does not require that candidates create a profile to schedule an appointment.
- 1. Will my records from testing at a Pearson VUE testing center be maintained by FINRA?
- Yes. All records and testing history is the property of FINRA or its clients.
- 2. What if I need to obtain a copy of my score report from Pearson VUE?
- If you require an official copy of your score report from a test taken at a Pearson VUE testing center, please contact FINRA at (800) 999-6647.