Regulatory Notice 13-15
SEC Approves Amendments to FINRA Rule 6730(d)(2) Requiring Firms to Report Factor in Asset-Backed Securities Transactions Executed in Agency Capacity and Subject to Commission Charges
The SEC approved amendments to FINRA Rule 6730(d)(2) to require firms to report to TRACE the factor for each transaction in an asset-backed security (ABS) (except an ABS traded To Be Announced (TBA)), in the limited instances when firms effect such transactions as agent and charge a commission. The effective date is July 22, 2013.
The amended rule text is set forth in Attachment A.
Questions regarding this Notice may be directed to:
- Elliot Levine, Associate Vice President and Counsel, Transparency Services, at (202) 728-8405;
- Ola Persson, Vice President, Transparency Services, at (212) 858-4796;
- Patrick Geraghty, Vice President, Market Regulation, at (240) 386-4973;
- Sharon Zackula, Associate Vice President and Associate General Counsel, Office of General Counsel (OGC), at (202) 728-8985; or
- Kathryn Moore, Associate General Counsel, OGC, at (202) 974-2974.