New Issue Form for TRACE Reporting
FINRA has updated the TRACE New Issue form available through the Firm Gateway. As of Monday, June 17, 2013, the following changes will be made:
- For the mortgage-backed securities (MBS) section, the form will include the information needed to determine the relevant Reference Data Identifier (RDID) data used for dissemination. The fields that will be used to create the RDID are listed in Attachment A of Regulatory Notice 12-56. In order to facilitate complete trade dissemination, firms are encouraged to submit information for all fields used to create the RDID for MBS.
- For the corporate and agency sections, firms will need to specify if a security has a maturity date or is perpetual.
- For the equity-linked notes (ELNs) and church bonds sections, where firms may enter multiple securities, the form will include one of two grids: one with a maturity date and one without. The appropriate grid will be displayed when the firm specifies if the security has a maturity date or is perpetual.
- For the applicable sections, the Pricing Time field will be contingent upon the Pricing/Issue Date field. A new field entitled Time of First Execution will be added, which will be contingent upon the First Trade/Execution Date.
- For the corporate and agency sections, each of the time fields is optional, but if either is entered, then the corresponding date field will be required.
- For the asset-backed security (ABS) section, once the Pricing/Issue Date is entered, the two time fields will be displayed, and are available for optional input.
Please direct questions to FINRA Operations at (866) 776-0800.