Updated Specifications for Reporting OTC Equity Trades to New FINRA OTC Reporting Facility (ORF) Platform
FINRA has updated the Financial Information eXchange (FIX) specifications and has published new Computer-to-Computer Interface (CTCI) specifications for reporting OTC equity trades to the new OTC Reporting Facility (ORF) platform. FINRA will migrate the ORF to the new platform in August 2013 and incorporate new message formats for trade reporting using both FIX and CTCI protocols.
FINRA will issue additional technical notices about the following aspects of the migration:
- any further revisions to the FIX and CTCI specifications;
- testing—test schedule, test scripts and registration;
- API specifications for OTC equity security and restricted equity security file downloads (which replaces the current FTP method);
- updated Bulletin Board Dissemination Service (BBDS) and Trade Data Dissemination Service (TDDS) data feed specifications to conform with the new platform; and
- FINRA Web Application User Guide for OTC reporting.
Please direct questions concerning this notice via email to FINRA Product Management or call (866) 899-2107.