A cryptocurrency is a digital representation of a stored value secured through cryptography. Although Bitcoin might be one of the most widely known cryptocurrencies today, there are many others. The markets for cryptocurrencies remain highly volatile and risky. Before turning your hard-earned cash into crypto, use the resources below from FINRA and other regulatory authorities to learn more about these markets and products.
- Investor Alert: Don't Fall for Cryptocurrency-Related Stock Scams
- Investor Alert: Bitcoin: More Than a Bit Risky
- The Alert Investor: Getting a Handle on Virtual Currencies
- The Alert Investor: Here's How to Avoid Crypto Stock Scams
- The Alert Investor: Bitcoin Basics—9 Things You Should Know About the Virtual Currency
- Podcast: Demystifying Cryptocurrency
Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)
- Thinking About Buying the Latest New Cryptocurrency or Token?
- Statement on Cryptocurrencies and Initial Coin Offerings
- Investor Alert: Bitcoin and Other Virtual Currency-Related Investments
- Investor Alert: Ponzi Schemes Using Virtual Currencies