Upcoming Board Meeting
Robert W. Cook, FINRA President and CEO
FINRA Member Firms
Monday, June 8, 2020
This week, the FINRA Board of Governors will meet virtually for its June 2020 meeting. Among several important topics of discussion, the Board will review FINRA’s 2019 Annual Financial Report. Highlighted below are some of the key items the Board committees will consider during the meeting.
- The Regulatory Policy Committee will discuss several rulemaking items, including:
- proposed procedures to address cheating on qualification examinations;
- proposed amendments to Corporate Financing Rules to require members to file retail communications concerning specified private placements; and
- a proposal relating to TRACE-reporting of delayed Treasury spot and portfolio trades.
- The Regulatory Operations Oversight Committee will receive updates on:
- FINRA’s regulatory operations during the COVID-19 pandemic; and
- FINRA’s recent targeted examination of firms with zero commission structures.
- The Finance, Operations and Technology Committee will:
- discuss a proposal to enhance FINRA Enforcement’s technology platform; and
- receive an update on the Consolidated Audit Trail (CAT).
- The Nominating and Governance Committee will:
- discuss Board succession;
- appoint members to FINRA advisory committees; and
- consider candidates to run for election for upcoming vacancies on the National Adjudicatory Council (NAC).
More information regarding the Board’s operations, including the membership and responsibilities of its committees, is available on FINRA’s governance page at www.finra.org/governance.
I look forward to sharing an update about these discussions shortly after the meeting.
Robert W. Cook
President and CEO