During this free, 45-minute webinar, panelists discuss top cybersecurity threats facing broker-dealer firms and how firms can protect themselves from these threats. Panelists share resources and approaches for developing cybersecurity programs. Other topics addressed in the webinar include:
- effective practices for identifying and mitigating cybersecurity threats;
- considerations and resources for developing, educating and training employees; and
- suggestions for managing vendors if you decide to outsource elements of your cybersecurity program.
- Chip Jones, Sr. Vice President, Member Relations and Education, FINRA (moderator)
- William Edwards, Senior Information Risk Officer, Pershing LLC
- Daniel Sibears, Executive Vice President, Member Regulation—Shared Services, FINRA
- Michelle Wraight, Chief Privacy Officer, Pershing LLC
FINRA's webinars are the sole property of FINRA and the information provided is for informational and educational purposes only. The content of the webinars does not constitute any FINRA rule or amendment or interpretation to such rules. Compliance with any recommended conduct presented does not mean that a firm or person has complied with the full extent of their obligations under FINRA rules, the rules of any other SRO, or securities laws. Use of this webinar does not create a safe harbor from regulatory responsibility. This webinar is provided "as is". FINRA and its affiliates are not responsible for any human or mechanical errors or omissions. Parties may not reproduce the webinars in any form, nor reference them in any publication, without the express written consent of FINRA.
Only FINRA's Annual Conference is open to the media. All other FINRA conferences, webinars, and other programs are closed to the media.