Regulatory Notice 12-12
SEC Approves Amendments to FINRA’s Code of Procedure
The SEC approved amendments to FINRA’s Code of Procedure. The amendments are procedural in nature and include the following, in addition to several more minor changes:
- allowing service of a complaint (and notices of certain expedited proceedings) on counsel when counsel agrees to accept such service;
- permitting electronic filing of papers with an adjudicator;
- requiring an attorney seeking to withdraw from a disciplinary case to file a motion before withdrawal would be approved;
- allowing hearing officers to manage the parties’ pre-hearing submissions to reduce and eliminate duplicative filings; and
- allowing counsel to the NAC to decide a procedural motion in an eligibility proceeding or an expedited proceeding.
Once effective, the amended rules will apply immediately to all new and pending matters governed by FINRA’s Code of Procedure.
Questions concerning this Notice should be directed to:
- Alan Lawhead, Vice President and Director, Appellate Group, Office of General Counsel (OGC), at (202) 728-8853;
- Andrew J. Love, Associate General Counsel, OGC, at (202) 728-8281; or
- Matthew E. Vitek, Assistant General Counsel, OGC, at (202) 728-8156.
|Date||Title||Format - Size|
|11/24/2015||Attachment to Regulatory Notice 12-12||PDF - 27.03 KB|