CTCI Migration Production Testing for TRACE AND ORF
FINRA currently supports three methods for the reporting of transactions to its TRACE and Over-The -Counter Reporting (ORF) products – FIX, Computer-to-Computer Interface (CTCI) and TRAQS. As announced in August 2018, beginning in early first quarter 2020 FINRA will no longer support the CTCI protocol (CTCI/TCP; CTCI/MQ) for both TRACE and ORF transaction reporting. Any client, including Service Bureaus, that currently utilize CTCI and wishes to continue to deliver electronic transactions (i.e. not via TRAQS) needs to migrate to the FIX protocol by Monday, February 3, 2020.
FINRA will offer Saturday tests for any client, including Service Bureaus, wanting to test their production FIX connections and software prior to the migration cutoff date of February 3, 2020.
Each test will run from 9 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. ET.
|Test Date||Register By|
|Saturday, July 13, 2019||Thursday, July 11, 2019|
|Saturday, August 3, 2019||Thursday, August 1, 2019|
|Saturday, September 7, 2019||Thursday, September 5, 2019|
|Saturday, November 2, 2019||Thursday, October 31, 2019|
|Saturday, December 14, 2019||Thursday, December 12, 2019|
- Test Registration – 212.231.5180, Option 1; [email protected]
- Test Day Connectivity – 212.231.5180, Option 1; [email protected]
- Test Day Software Questions – 800.519.4276; p/c 8584438; FINRA Product Management
TRACE FIX messaging protocol specifications:
- TRACE FIX Specifications for Corporate and Agencies Version 1.4
- TRACE FIX Specifications for Securitized Products Version 1.8
- TRACE FIX Specifications for Treasury Securities Version 1.4
The ORF FIX messaging protocol specifications:
Questions on this notice should be sent to FINRA Product Management or call (866) 899-2107.