Regulatory Notice 18-23
FINRA Requests Comment on a Proposal Regarding the Rules Governing the New and Continuing Membership Application Process
FINRA seeks comment on proposed amendments to the NASD Rule 1010 Series (Membership Proceedings) (collectively, the Membership Application Program (MAP) rules). The proposal is the result of FINRA’s retrospective review of the MAP rules and processes, and is intended to reduce unnecessary burdens on new and existing firms, while strengthening investor protections. The proposed amendments would replace the NASD Rule 1010 Series with the proposed FINRA Rule 1100 Series (New and Continuing Membership). The proposed amendments would also include additional provisions to address regulatory issues FINRA staff identified and codify existing membership-related interpretations and practices.
Questions regarding this Notice should be directed to:
- Kosha Dalal, Associate Vice President and Associate General Counsel, Office of General Counsel (OGC), at (202) 728-6903;
- Sarah Kwak, Assistant General Counsel, OGC, at (202) 728-8471; and
- Alissa Robinson, Senior Director, Membership Application Program, at (212) 858-4764.
Questions concerning the Economic Impact Assessment in this Notice should be directed to:
- Lori Walsh, Senior Director, Office of the Chief Economist (OCE), at (202) 728-8323; and
- Dror Kenett, Economist, OCE, at (202) 728-8208.
|Date||Title||Format - Size|
|7/26/2018||Attachment A, Restructuring of the Proposed Rules Chart||PDF - 123.96 KB|
|7/26/2018||Attachment B, Text of the Proposed Rules||PDF - 334.66 KB|