Regulatory Notice 17-28
FINRA Makes Available Frequently Asked Questions and Guidance and Extends Effective Date of Margin Requirements for Covered Agency Transactions
In June 2016 the SEC approved FINRA’s rule change (referred to as the “rule change”) amending FINRA Rule 4210 to establish margin requirements for Covered Agency Transactions. To assist members in complying with the rule change, FINRA has made available a set of frequently asked questions and guidance. In addition, FINRA is extending, to June 25, 2018, the effective date of the requirements pursuant to the rule change that otherwise would have become effective on December 15, 2017.
Questions regarding this Notice should be directed to:
- Kris Dailey, Vice President, Risk Oversight & Operational Regulation (ROOR), at (646) 315-8434;
- Yui Chan, Managing Director, ROOR, at (646) 315-8426;
- Adam Rodriguez, Director, Credit Regulation, ROOR, at (646) 315-8572;
- Peter Tennyson, Director, ROOR, at (646) 315-8403;
- Adam Arkel, Associate General Counsel, Office of General Counsel, at (202) 728-6961.
Questions may also be directed to Covered Agency Margin. FINRA will publish additional guidance as appropriate to address questions that FINRA receives.