Effective Date: October 26, 2016
- Terms Specific to Each Widget. The Widgets are intended to provide Licensee and those who use Licensee's website ("End Users") with certain information, depending on the nature of the Widget. The following additional terms apply to specific Widgets.
- FINRA does NOT approve or endorse any professional designation, nor does the inclusion of a designation in the Professional Designations Widget imply that FINRA considers the designation to be acceptable for use by a FINRA member firm registered representative. Furthermore, state securities regulators may prohibit or restrict the use of certain listed designations by registered persons and investment adviser representatives. FINRA is not responsible for and cannot verify information from sources other than FINRA.
- The list of professional designations contained in the Content is by no means inclusive of all financial professional credentials and specifically does not include employee benefit related credentials or credentials related to finance degrees from accredited colleges or universities.
- Any organization issuing professional credentials may submit its securities or investment professional credential for possible inclusion in FINRA's list of credentials. FINRA reserves the right to determine in its sole discretion which credentials are appropriate for inclusion in the Professional Designations Widget.
- FINRA BrokerCheck Widget. The FINRA BrokerCheck Widget provides Licensee and Licensees End Users with a direct link into FINRA's online BrokerCheck tool. FINRA's Brokercheck tool helps investors research the professional backgrounds of current and former FINRA-registered brokerage firms and brokers, as well as investment advisor firms and representatives. Use of FINRA's BrokerCheck tool is subject to the FINRA BrokerCheck Terms & Conditions found at http://brokercheck.finra.org/Support/TermsAndConditionsText.aspx?PageID=10.
- Licensee's Responsibility for Licensee's Website. Licensee shall be solely responsible for Licensee's Website, including its development, maintenance, and operation, and all hardware and software used therefor. Likewise, Licensee shall be responsible for all content, data, materials, and information that appear within or on it.
- Warranty Disclaimer. COMPANY ACKNOWLEDGES AND AGREES THAT THE WIDGETS AND CONTENT ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" WITH ALL FAULTS, AND THAT COMPANY'S USE OF ANY WIDGET(S) SHALL BE AT COMPANY'S SOLE RISK. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, FINRA, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, AFFILIATES, AND LICENSORS (THE "FINRA PARTIES") DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN CONNECTION WITH THE WIDGETS AND CONTENT AND COMPANY'S USE THEREOF. FINRA MAKES NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE QUALITY, ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE WIDGETS OR THE CONTENT THEREIN AND ASSUMES NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY: (I) ERRORS, MISTAKES, QUALITY, OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT; (II) TECHNICAL ERRORS AFFECTING THE WIDGETS IN ANY WAY; (III) BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH THE WIDGETS BY ANY THIRD PARTY; AND/OR (V) ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF ANY WIDGET.
NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY COMPANY FROM FINRA OR THROUGH OR FROM USE OF ANY WIDGET OR CONTENT SHALL BE INTENDED TO PROVIDE ANY LEGAL, TAX, INVESTMENT OR FINANCIAL ADVICE OR TO BE COMPLETE ON ANY SUBJECT MATTER CONTAINED THEREIN.
- Limitation of Liability. IN NO EVENT WILL THE FINRA PARTIES BE LIABLE TO COMPANY FOR ANY DIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING LOSS OF USE, DATA, BUSINESS OR PROFITS) OR FOR THE COST OF PROCURING SUBSTITUTE PRODUCTS ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OR THE USE OR DISTRIBUTION OF ANY WIDGET, WHETHER SUCH LIABILITY ARISES FROM ANY CLAIM BASED UPON CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, AND WHETHER OR NOT FINRA HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS OR DAMAGE. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES SO THIS RESTRICTION MAY NOT APPLY TO COMPANY.