8211. Automated Submission of Trading Data Requested by the Association
This rule is no longer applicable. NASD Rule 8211 has been superseded by FINRA Rule 8211. Please consult the appropriate FINRA Rule.
(a) A member shall submit the trade data specified below in automated format as may be prescribed by the Association from time to time. This information shall be supplied with respect to any transaction or transactions that are the subject of a request for information made by the Association.
(b) If the transaction was a proprietary transaction effected or caused to be effected by the member for any account in which such member, or person associated with a member, is directly or indirectly interested, such member shall submit or cause to be submitted the following information:
(1) Clearing house number, or alpha symbol as used by the member submitting the data;
(2) Clearing house number(s), or alpha symbol(s) as may be used from time to time, of the members(s) on the opposite side of the transaction;
(3) Identifying symbol assigned to the security;
(4) Date transaction was executed;
(5) Number of shares, or quantity of bonds or options contracts for each specific transaction and whether each transaction was a purchase, sale, short sale, or, if an options contract, whether open long or short or close long or short;
(6) Transaction price;
(7) Account number; and
(8) Market center where transaction was executed.
(c) If the transaction was effected or caused to be effected by the member for any customer account, such member shall submit or cause to be submitted the following information:
(1) The data described in subparagraphs (b)(1) through (8) above;
(2) The customer name, address(es), branch office number, registered representative number, whether order was solicited or unsolicited, date account opened, employer name, and the tax identification number(s); and
(3) If the transaction was effected for another member, whether the other member was acting as principal or agent.
(d) In addition to the above trade data, a member shall submit such other information in such automated format as may from time to time be required by the Association.
(e) Pursuant to the Rule 9600 Series, the Association may exempt a member from the requirement that the data prescribed in paragraphs (b) through (d) above be submitted to the Association in an automated format for good cause shown.
Amended and renumbered by SR-NASD-97-81 eff. Jan. 16, 1998.
Added eff. Feb. 13, 1989.