Small Firm Business Continuity Plan Template
FINRA is providing a template as an optional tool to assist small introducing firms in fulfilling their obligations under FINRA Rule 4370 (Business Continuity Plans and Emergency Contact Information). The template is provided as a starting point for developing your firm’s plan. The obligation to develop a business continuity plan (BCP) is not a “one-size-fits-all” requirement, and you must tailor your plan to reflect the size and needs of your firm. Following the template does not guarantee compliance with or create any safe harbor with respect to FINRA rules, the federal securities laws or state laws, or other applicable federal or state regulatory requirements. The template does not create any new legal or regulatory obligations for firms or other entities.
October 26, 2021
- Updated to modernize and streamline the template, including changes to reflect increased use of remote offices and other alternative work arrangements.
May 12, 2010
- Updated rule citations to FINRA Rule 4370 (which carries over NASD Rules 3510 and 3520 without substantive change;
- Updated resources for business continuity planning; and
- The previously free-standing BCP Disclosure Statement is now a part of the template itself.
September 1, 2004
- Attachment added to provide a draft BCP disclosure statement, which is discussed under “Section XIII Disclosure of Business Continuity Plan” of the revised template.
OGC staff contacts:
Jeanette Wingler and Sarah Kwak
1735 K Street, NW
Washington, DC 20006