Regulatory Notice 09-60
SEC Approval and Effective Dates for New Consolidated FINRA Rules
Following the consolidation of NASD and the member regulation, enforcement and arbitration functions of NYSE Regulation into FINRA, FINRA established a process to develop a new consolidated rulebook (Consolidated FINRA Rulebook), which FINRA has discussed in previous Information Notices. FINRA is proposing new consolidated rules in phases for approval by the SEC as part of the Consolidated FINRA Rulebook. In August and September, the SEC approved eleven new consolidated FINRA Rules. The new rules, except for FINRA Rule 3310 (Anti-Money Laundering Compliance Program), take effect on December 14, 2009. FINRA Rule 3310 takes effect on January 1, 2010.
Questions regarding this Notice should be directed to:
- Patricia Albrecht, Assistant General Counsel, Office of General Counsel (OGC), at (202) 728-8026 (regarding FINRA Rules 2220, 3310 and 4370);
- Adam Arkel, Assistant General Counsel, OGC, at (202) 728-6961 (regarding FINRA Rules 2262 and 2269);
- Afshin Atabaki, Assistant General Counsel, OGC, at (202) 728-8902 (regarding FINRA Rule 2150);
- Brant Brown, Associate General Counsel, OGC, at (202) 728-8264 (regarding FINRA Rule 5230); or
- Racquel Russell, Assistant General Counsel, OGC, at (202) 728-8363 (regarding FINRA Rules 2124, 2264, 5250 and 5260).