Web Electronic Filing Transfer (EFT) is a secure file transfer application that reduces the time and effort needed to manually submit online filings for Forms U4, U5, BR and NRF to Web CRD/IARD. It also allows firms to receive daily and weekly data downloads, such as accounting transactions and exam results, directly from Web CRD/IARD, which can then be easily uploaded by firms to their internal systems.
Web EFT is available 24/7; however, uploaded form filings are only processed when Web CRD/IARD is available. Support for Web EFT is available Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. (ET) at (800) 321-6273 for general questions or [email protected] for technical support.
For more information, please see this presentation and also visit the API developer page.
Subscribing to Web EFT
Firms interested in participating in the Web EFT program may subscribe to one or both of the following services:
Web EFT fees are deducted from the firm’s Flex Funding Account annually and depend on the type of subscription service the firm selects:
|Type of Subscription Service||Per Year|
|Form Filing Fee||$3,600|
|Data Download Fee||$1,800|
|Both Form Filing & Data Download Fee||$4,800|
The following forms must be completed to subscribe to Web EFT, or to make changes to an existing subscription. Forms are available in PDF format for download and completion offline, or they can be completed electronically via DocuSign. The DocuSign website will require the email address of the signatory and will send a code to that individual to validate the email address before granting them access to the electronic form.
- Start a New Subscription: Firms requesting a new Web EFT subscription must complete the Web EFT Subscription Form and Web EFT Entitlement Form contained in this packet. Subscription fees will be charged immediately after the forms are processed.
- Change an Existing Subscription: Firms may upgrade, downgrade, or cancel their Web EFT service options at any time throughout the year by completing the Web EFT Subscription Form. Firms upgrading their service will be immediately charged a pro-rated fee that is based on the number of months remaining before the firm's next subscription renewal.
- Add or Delete a Service Account: Existing subscribers needing to add, modify or delete a service account must complete the Web EFT Entitlement Form.
Help & Resources for Web EFT
- Schema Documentation: These documents provide the XML format for firms to follow when building batch files and consuming reports. These documents are updated periodically to reflect system changes.
- fileX User Guide: Provides technical and connectivity information regarding FINRA’s fileX file transfer platform.
- Frequently Asked Questions: Provides answers to common questions about uploading and downloading files.
- Past Release Notes: Change history for FINRA’s registration systems, including Web EFT.