Test Center Security Guidelines (Personal Items)
Test center security is of the utmost importance when taking an exam. Test center staff will strictly enforce security procedures and protocol.
Candidates who refuse to abide by FINRA and Prometric’s security requirements will be refused entry to the testing room.
The following items are prohibited for the duration of the session:
- Weapons of any kind
- Electronic devices and cameras
- Any communication or recording devices
- Watches and most jewelry
- Personal notes and study materials
- Eyewear with any electronic modification (other than a FINRA approved accommodation)
Additional information on personal items can be found on Prometric’s website
Most personal items are required to be placed in the center-provided storage locker. However, the following items are allowed in the testing room (subject to inspection). Please contact FINRA Candidate Services at (800) 999-6647 Option 2 for guidance or pre-authorization for any items that are not on the list.
- Asthma inhaler
- Cough drops – must be unwrapped and not in a container
- Eye drops
- Eyeglasses and hearing aids
- Insulin pump (attached to body)
- Wedding bands
- Neck brace
- Nitroglycerin pills
- Pillow for neck, back or injured limb support
- Sweater, sweatshirt, blazer, suit jacket