CRCP Reporting Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
On This Page
- Getting Started
- Viewing and Changing Your Profile
- Viewing CRCP CE Credits
- Reporting Credits Earned
- Verifying Compliance with CRCP CE Requirements
- Additional Assistance
What is the FINRA CRCP System?
The FINRA CRCP® System is a web-based portal for Certified Regulatory and Compliance Professional (CRCP)® designees to self-report their CRCP continuing education (CE) requirements (CRCP graduates who graduated after 2004 are required to complete 12 hours of CRCP CE every three years) and view their CE progress.
What is the link for the FINRA CRCP System website?
The link is https://crcp.finra.org.
What information do I need to log in to the FINRA CRCP System?
You will need your FINRA Entitlement Program (EWS) account username and password.
If you are logging in to the system for the first time, you also will need the confirmation number provided in the email you received announcing the new system. If you are not able to locate your confirmation number, please email us and ask that your confirmation number be re-sent to you.
How do I log in if I do not have an existing FINRA Entitlement Program (EWS) account?
- Click on this link: https://crcp.finra.org to access the CRCP System.
- Select “register new user” and submit the requested identifying information (e.g. name, email address).
- The system will send an email to the email address you provided with a temporary password and link to reset your password.
- After resetting your password, login with your new password and establish your security questions and answers.
- The system will prompt you to enter a confirmation number. You will need this confirmation number the first time you log in.
- Your confirmation number was emailed to you when you first received information about the new system.
- If you are not able to locate your confirmation number, please email us and ask that your confirmation number be re-sent to you.
What happens if I forgot my FINRA Entitlement Program Account username and/or password?
If you forget your username or password, please click on the appropriate link to obtain your log-in information.
If you need help logging in, either for the first time or at a later date, please call FINRA Education for help at 1-800-321-6273.
Viewing and Changing Your Profile
How can I view or change my contact information?
Click on the “My Profile” tab to view and update your contact information. Please maintain current contact information in the system, including both work and home contact information to ensure that you receive important CRCP information.
Viewing CRCP CE Credits
How can I view all of the courses I have taken, including credits that counted toward prior reporting periods?
Click on the “My Credits” tab to view all of the CRCP CE credits you have reported.
What are credits reported prior to standardization?
In 2014, we standardized all of the reporting periods to end on December 31. The courses listed in this tab are all of the credits you earned prior to the standardization.
Reporting Credits Earned
How can I report CRCP CE credits for courses I have taken?
- Click on the “My Credits” and go to the button labelled “Report Credit.”
- Enter the class name, being as specific as possible. The system will list classes based on the words you enter.
- Scroll down to find the name of the course you have taken, and click on that link.
- Enter the date you completed the course and click “save.”
- The system does not allow users to enter a date for a course before the course became available or a future date. Additionally, the system prevents users from entering courses prior to their graduation dates.
What courses and events qualify for CRCP CE Credits?
You can choose your CRCP CE credits from FINRA-developed conferences and compliance meetings, e-learning, online workshops, webinars and webcasts. View the FINRA programs that are eligible for CRCP CE credits.
I am having difficulty finding my course from the classes listed by the system. How should I narrow the class list options?
If you enter the name of a course you completed and you cannot find it easily in the list at the bottom of the page, you can narrow your search by using filters. For instance, click on “Class Type” to select the type of course you are trying to report. Or, you can enter a location in the “Location” tab.
- For all online learning (including webinars, online conference session recordings, e-learning classes, podcasts, etc.), the location will be “on demand.”
- For all in-person courses, including individual conference sessions (other than the FINRA Annual Conference), the location will be the city and state where you attended the session. For in-person conference sessions from any FINRA Annual Conference, the location will be the city and/or hotel where the conference was located (e.g. the 2017 FINRA Annual Conference location is the Marriott Marquis.
- If you watched a conference session from a remote location while the conference was in-session, the location will be called “live broadcast.”
How do I report a class not listed in the system?
If you have tried to locate a course in the system, but it does not appear in the list of options provided, you can report an unlisted course by clicking on the hyperlink in the field that indicates “If you did not find the class you were looking for, you can report an unlisted class here.”
- Enter the class name, the class type, location, credit value and date completed.
- For class type, select the type of class taken from the drop down menu.
- For the location, if the class taken was in-person, indicate the city where you took the class. If the class was online learning (including recorded conference sessions, e-learning classes, webinars, and podcasts), enter “on demand” in this section. If you viewed a conference session remotely while the conference was in session, enter “live broadcast” in this section.
- Once you have submitted this information, your reported credit will be entered into a “pending” folder to be reviewed by Member Relations and Education staff. If there are no issues with your submission, your credit(s) will be approved. If there are issues which need to be addressed, your credit(s) will be denied and we will contact you to determine how to resolve the issue.
If I am reporting a class not listed in the system, how do I know how many credits to enter for credit value?
Generally, you will receive 1 credit for each hour a course is in session. More specifically, for credit value, use the following as guidelines:
- Podcasts = .25 credit hours
- Webinars = depends on length; typically 1 credit for each hour.
- E-learning courses = .5 credit hours
Once I’ve entered a credit into the system, do I automatically receive the credit?
Whenever you submit information using the CRCP CE Reporting System, the data is placed into a “pending” folder. All entries will be reviewed by Member Relations and Education staff and will be finalized by staff.
- If there are no issues with your submission, your credit(s) reported will be approved.
- If there are issues that need to be addressed, your credit(s) will be denied and we will contact you to determine how to resolve the issue.
I made a mistake in reporting a class. How can I fix this?
If you made an error in reporting a class, please email us for assistance.
Verifying Compliance with CRCP CE Requirements
If you have questions about the status of your compliance with the CRCP CE requirements or would like to obtain a Progress Report outlining your CRCP CE compliance status, please email us for assistance.
Who can I contact if I have questions or need additional help?
- If you need assistance logging in or in using the system, please call FINRA Education at 1-800-321-6273.
- If you need assistance with credits or other issues, please email us.