Regulatory Notice 10-21
SEC Approval and Effective Date for New Consolidated FINRA Rules and the Repeal of Certain NASD and Incorporated NYSE Rules
Following the consolidation of NASD and the member regulation, enforcement and arbitration functions of NYSE Regulation into FINRA, FINRA established a process to develop a new consolidated rulebook (Consolidated FINRA Rulebook), which FINRA has discussed in previous Information Notices. FINRA is proposing new consolidated rules in phases for approval by the SEC as part of the Consolidated FINRA Rulebook.
In February and March 2010, the SEC approved six rule filings relating to the Consolidated FINRA Rulebook. The effective date for all of the proposed rule changes is June 14, 2010.
Questions regarding this Notice should be directed to:
- Afshin Atabaki, Assistant General Counsel, Office of General Counsel (OGC), at (202) 728-8902 (regarding FINRA Rule 3240);
- Kosha Dalal, Associate Vice President, OGC, at (202) 728-6903 (regarding the repeal of Incorporated NYSE Rule 405(4));
- Erika L. Lazar, Counsel, OGC, at (202) 728-8013 (regarding FINRA Rule 3160 and the repeal of NASD Rules 2760 and 2780, Incorporated NYSE Rules 2B and 411, and the Interpretation to Incorporated NYSE Rule 411(a)(ii)(5));
- Stan Macel, Assistant General Counsel, OGC, at (202) 728-8056 (regarding the repeal of NASD Rule 2450, NASD IM-2830-2 and Incorporated NYSE Rule 413); or
- Racquel Russell, Assistant General Counsel, OGC, at (202) 728-8363 (regarding FINRA Rule 2261).