Renewal Program Payment Options
Your firm's Renewal Account is the account your firm will use to pay its annual renewal of FINRA, SRO and jurisdiction/state registrations for the firm, its branches, and its registered representatives.
For Renewal payment deadlines and other important dates, please see the Renewal Program Calendar.
Firms may use any of the following acceptable payment options:
- Electronic Payment via E-Bill
- ACH or Wire Transfer
- Automatic Flex-Funding Account-to-Renewal Account Transfer
FINRA's E-Bill system allows entitled users to view and pay FINRA invoices, including their Renewal Statement, as well as fund their Flex-Funding Account. In addition, E-Bill allows entitled users at firms to transfer funds from the Flex-Funding Account to their Renewal Account. To use E-Bill, a firm’s Super Account Administrator must assign entitlement to E-Bill for themselves and any firm employees who require access to E-Bill. View the SAA Self-Entitlement Guide for E-Bill for more entitlement information. FINRA does not charge firms any fees for using E-Bill; however, firms should verify if their banks charge any additional fees.
The E-Bill User’s Guide provides detailed instructions on how to use the system.
ACH or Wire Transfer
All ACH or wire transfer payments sent to FINRA are deposited into firms' Flex-Funding Accounts. If you submit an ACH or wire transfer to pay your firm's renewal fees, it will not be applied to your Renewal Account until Dec. 15, 2014, when FINRA begins the automatic Flex-Funding Account-to-Renewal Account transfer. For inclusion in the automatic transfer, please ensure that you have sufficient funds in your Flex-Funding Account to cover the total renewal fees due. If you would like your renewal payment to be applied before Dec. 15, 2014, then you must pay using E-Bill to your Renewal Account.
Firms may transfer funds via ACH or wire into their Flex-Funding Account.
- Wire payments received by FINRA before 2 p.m., ET, should be available the next business day. Wire payments received after 2 p.m., ET, should be available in two business days. Please note that while wire transfers are received by FINRA on the same day they are initiated, ACH bank transfers typically take several days longer to be received by FINRA.
- Provide your bank with the following information to initiate a transfer (use the applicable ABA Number for the type of payment you are making – either wire or ACH):
- Bank Name: Bank of America
- Transfer funds to: FINRA
- Wire ABA Number: 026009593
- ACH ABA Number: 054001204
- Beneficiary: FINRA
- FINRA Account Number: 226005684771
- Reference Number: Firm CRD Number
- Inform your bank to credit funds to the FINRA bank account and use only your firm’s CRD Number as a reference.
- Please record the Confirmation Number of the transfer given to you by your bank. You will need this if you choose to call your bank later to confirm the transfer.
- If you send your wire transfer by 2 p.m., ET, your firm may confirm receipt by reviewing your Renewal Account online or calling the FINRA Gateway Call Center at (301) 869-6699.
Automatic Flex-Funding Account-to-Renewal Account Transfer
Beginning on Dec. 15, 2014, and through Dec. 27, 2014, if a firm had sufficient funds available in its Flex-Funding Account to cover the total renewal fees due, then FINRA automatically transferred funds from a firm's Flex-Funding Account to its Renewal Account. Please Note: If your firm does not want funds automatically transferred then ensure FINRA receives payment in your firm's Renewal Account using E-Bill. Additionally, if your firm needs to transfer funds between affiliated firms, you should use E-Bill. This automatic Flex-Funding Account-to-Renewal Account transfer process will also be applied daily beginning Jan. 20, 2015, until any outstanding renewal assessment is satisfied.
All Web CRD/IARD check payments sent to FINRA are deposited into firms' Flex-Funding Accounts. If you mail a check to pay your firm's renewal fees, it will be applied to your Renewal Account through the automatic Flex-Funding Account-to-Renewal Account transfer noted above. For inclusion in the automatic transfer, please ensure that you have sufficient funds in your Flex-Funding Account to cover the total renewal fees due.
- Print and enclose a copy of the first page of your online Preliminary Renewal Statement.
- Make checks payable to FINRA and write your firm's CRD Number on the memo line of the check.
- Processing of check payments may take up to two business days. Please account for mail delivery and payment processing time when sending payment.
- You can query Web CRD/IARD to verify that your check has been processed in the "Deposit Detail" of your Flex-Funding Account.
- Funds deposited into your firm’s Flex-Funding Account will be transferred to your firm’s Renewal Account as part of the automatic transfer process.
Make sure you copy the appropriate address exactly as it appears below. If you exclude any of the information, it may delay the receipt of your payment.
(Note: This P.O. Box will not accept courier or overnight deliveries.)
Bank of America Lockbox Services
Provide the following phone number if one is required for the recipient: (800) 376-2703.