|Currently offered and recognized by the issuing organization.
|Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc.
|Qualification and Educational Requirements|
|Candidate must meet the following requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree (or higher) from an accredited college or university, and
- Three years of full-time personal financial planning experience or the equivalent part-time experience (2,000 hours equals one year full-time).
|Candidate must complete a CFP-board registered program, or hold one of the following:
- Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU)
- Ph.D. in business or economics
- Doctor of Business Administration
- Attorney's License
|Final certification examination
|30 hours every two years
|Verification, Complaints and Accreditation|
|Online at Search for a Certified Financial Planner Professional
|Online at Submit a Complaint
|Yes at Public Disciplinary Actions
|National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA)