COVID-19: Impact on FINRA Conferences & Events
As part of our business continuity plan at FINRA, we are closely monitoring the ongoing outbreak of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) and following recommendations and guidelines from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Based on guidance from public health agencies, FINRA will assess the feasibility of safely hosting events on a case-by-case basis. Please visit our Conferences and Events web page for the latest updates.
We are asking all of our event and conference participants not to attend any FINRA engagement if you:
- have recently traveled to any of the high-risk areas for COVID-19 transmission as identified by the CDC, or
- have had close contact with family members or friends who have returned from those countries within the past 14 days.
When attending our events, we ask that you follow general precautionary practices, which include:
- Avoid shaking hands
- Shield your coughs or sneezes with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash; if a tissue is not available, use your sleeve
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water, for at least 20 seconds
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Stay home if you are feeling ill