COVID-19: Impact on FINRA Conferences & Events
As part of our business continuity plan at FINRA, we are closely monitoring the ongoing outbreak of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) and following recommendations and guidelines from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Based on guidance from public health agencies, FINRA will assess the feasibility of safely hosting events on a case-by-case basis. Please visit our Conferences and Events web page for the latest updates.
As of September 9, 2022:
Health and Safety Requirements for FINRA Meetings and Conferences
To sustain a healthy and safe environment, FINRA will be using an approach based on CDC COVID-19 Community Levels (Low, Medium, High) for in-person meetings in line with FINRA’s COVID-19 policy. The current COVID-19 variants spread easily through airborne transmission. In addition, the current variants are more infectious than the original virus and can result in reinfections for those who might have been previously infected.
As part of our commitment to creating the safest possible environment for our in-person events, we strongly recommend that all attendees do the following for all in-person meetings regardless of the CDC COVID-19 Community Level:
- Stay up to date with COVID-19 vaccinations, including all primary series doses and boosters for their age group.
- Take a rapid COVID test prior to attending a meeting to ensure that you are not carrying the disease.
- Wear a mask in indoor settings if you are at high risk for severe illness.
If the CDC COVID-19 Community Level is High in the location where the meeting will be held, all attendees and staff will be required to:
- Attest to testing negative to a rapid COVID-19 test within 24 hours of travel and in person interactions at the meeting or conference.
- Attest to testing negative to a rapid COVID-19 test prior to the fourth day if the meeting is longer than 3 days.
- Wear a mask.
Additionally, FINRA recommends that you review the current CDC guidance for protecting yourself from COVID-19 found at https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/71/wr/mm7133e1.htm?s_cid=mm7133e1_w.
The health requirements for each event may be affected by changes in the CDC COVID-19 Community Levels. You will be notified in advance of any changes to health requirements for this event if the CDC COVID-19 Community Levels change. You can monitor the CDC COVID-19 Community Levels for all locations in the country at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/your-health/covid-by-county.html.