13606. Record of Proceedings
(a) Tape, Digital, or Other Recording
(1) Except as provided in paragraph (b), the Director will make a tape, digital, or other recording of every hearing. The Director will provide a copy of the recording to any party upon request.
(2) The panel may order the parties to provide a transcription of the recording. If the panel orders a transcription, copies of the transcription must be provided to each arbitrator, served on each party, and filed with the Director. The panel will determine which party or parties must pay the cost of making the transcription and copies.
(3) The recording is the official record of the proceeding, even if it is transcribed.
(b) Stenographic Record
(1) Any party may make a stenographic record of the hearing. Even if a stenographic record is made, the tape, digital, or other recording will be the official record of the proceeding, unless the panel determines otherwise. If the panel determines in advance that the stenographic record will be the official record, the Director will not record the hearing.
(2) If the stenographic record is the official record of the proceeding, a copy must be provided to each arbitrator, served on each other party, and filed with the Director. The cost of making and copying the stenographic record will be borne by the party electing to make the stenographic record, unless the panel decides that one or more other parties should bear all or part of the costs.
Amended by SR-FINRA-2016-029 eff. April 3, 2017.
Amended by SR-FINRA-2008-021 eff. Dec. 15, 2008.
Adopted by SR-NASD-2004-011 eff. April 16, 2007.
Selected Notices: 07-07, 08-57, 17-03.