For updates and guidance related to COVID-19 / Coronavirus, click here.
(a) Unless the context requires otherwise, the terms used in the Rule 6200 and Rule 7100 Series shall have the meanings below. Terms not specifically defined below shall have the meaning in the FINRA By-Laws and rules and Rule 600 of SEC Regulation NMS.
(1) "Exchange Act" or "SEA" means the Securities Exchange Act of 1934.
(2) "ADF-eligible security" means an NMS stock as defined in Rule 600(b)(47) of SEC Regulation NMS.
(3) "ADF Market Participant" or "Market Participant" means a Registered Reporting ADF Market Maker, or a Registered Reporting ADF ECN.
(4) "ADF Trading Center" means a Registered Reporting ADF Market Maker, or a Registered Reporting ADF ECN that is a "Trading Center," as defined in Rule 600(b)(78) of SEC Regulation NMS, and that is certified, pursuant to Rule 6250, to display its quotations or orders through the ADF.
(5) "Certification Record" means the document that an ADF Trading Center must execute and continue to comply with, pursuant to Rule 6250, to display its quotations through the ADF.
(6) "CQS security" is a security that is eligible for inclusion in the Consolidated Quotation Plan and reported to the Consolidated Tape in accordance with the Consolidated Tape Association Plan. These securities include all common stocks, preferred stocks, long-term warrants, and rights entitling the holder to acquire an eligible security, listed or admitted to unlisted trading privileges on the BATS Exchange Inc., NYSE MKT LLC, NYSE Arca LLC or the New York Stock Exchange, and securities listed on regional stock exchanges that have been designated by such regional exchange as eligible for reporting to the Consolidated Tape.
(7) "Nasdaq" means the NASDAQ Stock Market, LLC other than any facilities operated by The NASDAQ Stock Market, LLC on behalf of FINRA.
(8) "Nasdaq security" means any security listed on The NASDAQ Stock Market, LLC.
(9) "Normal unit of trading" means 100 shares of a security unless, with respect to a particular security, the market where the security is listed determines that a normal unit of trading shall constitute other than 100 shares.
(10) "Otherwise than on an exchange" means a trade effected by a FINRA member otherwise than on or through the facilities of a national securities exchange. The determination of what constitutes a trade "on or through" a particular national securities exchange shall be determined by that exchange in accordance with all applicable statutes, rules and regulations, and with any necessary SEC approval.
(11) "Registered Reporting ADF ECN" means a member of FINRA that is an electronic communications network ("ECN") that elects to display orders in the ADF. A member shall cease being a Registered Reporting ADF ECN when it has withdrawn or voluntarily terminated its quotations on the ADF or when its quotations have been suspended or terminated by action of FINRA. This term also shall include a FINRA member that is an alternative trading system ("ATS") that displays orders in the ADF. A Registered Reporting ADF ECN may voluntarily withdraw from participation on the ADF upon providing, through electronic delivery, written notice to FINRA Market Operations of its intention to withdraw as an Registered Reporting ADF ECN, with such withdrawal to be effective upon the first trading day following the provision of such notice announcing the Registered Reporting ADF ECN's intention to withdraw, or such other date as specified in the written notice.
(12) "Registered Reporting ADF Market Maker" means a member of FINRA that is registered as a FINRA market maker in a particular designated security and, with respect to that security, holds itself out (by entering quotations in the Alternative Display Facility) as being willing to buy and sell such security for its own account on a regular and continuous basis. A member is a Registered Reporting ADF Market Maker in only those designated securities for which it is registered as an ADF market maker. A member shall cease being a Registered Reporting ADF Market Maker in a designated security when it has withdrawn or voluntarily terminated its quotations in that security on the ADF or when its quotations have been suspended or terminated by action of FINRA.
(13) "Registered Reporting Member" means a Registered Reporting ADF Market Maker or Registered Reporting ADF ECN.
(14) "Stop Stock Price" means the specified price at which a member and another party agree a Stop Stock Transaction shall be executed, and which price is based upon the prices at which the security is trading at the time the order is received by the member, taking into consideration that the specified price may deviate from the current market prices to factor in the size of the order and the number of shares available at those prices.
(15) "Stop Stock Transaction" means any transaction that meets both of the following conditions:
(A) the transaction is the result of an order in which a member and another party agree that the order will be executed at a Stop Stock Price or better; and.
(B) the order is executed at the Stop Stock Price or better.
(b) For purposes of Rule 6275, the following terms shall have the meanings as defined in Rule 100 of SEC Regulation M: "affiliated purchaser," "covered security," "distribution," "distribution participant," "restricted period," and "selling security holder."
|Amended by SR-FINRA-2016-031 eff. Sep. 12, 2016.
Amended by SR-FINRA-2013-053 eff. Feb. 3, 2014.
Amended by SR-FINRA-2011-024 eff. June 17, 2011.
Amended by SR-FINRA-2008-057 eff. Dec. 15, 2008.
Amended by SR-FINRA-2008-021 eff. Dec. 15, 2008.
Amended by SR-NASD-2006-091 eff. March 5, 2007.
Amended by SR-NASD-2006-087 eff. Aug. 1, 2006.
Amended by SR-NASD-2005-087 eff. Aug. 1, 2006.
Adopted by SR-NASD-2002-97 eff. July 29, 2002.
Selected Notices: 08-57, 08-74, 16-33.
- Regulatory Notice 16-28August 08, 2016
- Regulatory Notice 08-72December 03, 2008