For updates and guidance related to COVID-19 / Coronavirus, click here.
6720. Participation in TRACE
(a) Mandatory Member Participation
(1) Member participation in TRACE for trade reporting purposes is mandatory. Such mandatory participation obligates members to submit transaction reports in TRACE-Eligible Securities in conformity with the Rule 6700 Series.
(2) Participation in TRACE shall be conditioned upon the TRACE Participant's initial and continuing compliance with the following requirements:
(A) Execution of, and continuing compliance with, a TRACE Participant application agreement and all applicable rules and operating procedures of FINRA and the SEC; and
(B) Maintenance of the physical security of the equipment located on the premises of the TRACE Participant to prevent unauthorized entry of information into TRACE.
(3) Each TRACE Participant shall be obligated to inform FINRA of non-compliance with, or changes to, any of the participation requirements set forth above.
(b) Participant Obligations in TRACE
Upon execution and receipt by FINRA of the TRACE Participant application agreement, a TRACE Participant may commence input of trade information in TRACE-Eligible Securities. TRACE Participants may access the service via a FINRA-approved facility during TRACE System Hours.
(c) Alternative Trading Systems
(1) Except as set forth in subparagraph (2), a TRACE Participant that operates an alternative trading system ("ATS"), as that term is defined in Rule 300 of SEC Regulation ATS, must obtain a single, separate Market Participant Identifier ("MPID") for each such ATS designated for exclusive use for reporting each ATS's transactions. The member must use such separate MPID to report all transactions executed within the ATS to TRACE. The member shall not use such separate MPID to report any transaction that is not executed within the ATS. Any member that operates multiple ATSs must obtain a separate MPID for each ATS. Members must have policies and procedures in place to ensure that trades reported with a separate MPID obtained under this paragraph are restricted to trades executed within the ATS.
(2) An ATS is permitted to use two separate MPIDs only if one MPID is used exclusively for reporting transactions to TRACE and the other MPID is used exclusively for reporting transactions to the equity trade reporting facilities (the Alternative Display Facility, the OTC Reporting Facility, the FINRA/Nasdaq TRF, or the FINRA/NYSE TRF).
|Amended by SR-FINRA-2015-027 eff. Aug. 24, 2015.
Amended by SR-FINRA-2013-042, SR-FINRA-2014-017 and SR-FINRA-2014-042 eff. Feb. 2, 2015.
Amended by SR-FINRA-2009-065 eff. May 16, 2011.
Amended by SR-FINRA-2011-001 eff. Jan. 4, 2011.
Amended by SR-FINRA-2009-010 eff. March 1, 2010.
Amended by SR-FINRA-2008-021 eff. Dec. 15, 2008.
Amended by SR-NASD-2002-46 eff. July 1, 2002.
Adopted by SR-NASD-99-65 eff. July 1, 2002.
Selected Notices: 08-57, 09-57, 10-23, 10-55, 14-07.
- Regulatory Notice 16-15April 27, 2016
- Regulatory Notice 14-07February 14, 2014
- Regulatory Notice 10-55October 27, 2010