For updates and guidance related to COVID-19 / Coronavirus, click here.
6130A. Trade Report Input
This rule is no longer applicable. NASD Rule 6130A has been superseded by FINRA Rule 7130. Please consult the appropriate FINRA Rule.
(a) Reportable TRACS Transactions
Members shall utilize TRACS to report transactions that are required to be reported to NASD through the ADF pursuant to the Rule 4630A Series, including executions of less than one round lot if those executions are to be compared and locked-in. TRACS also will process trades that are submitted on an automatic locked-in basis for transmission to NSCC. All trades that are reportable transactions pursuant to NASD Rule 4630A Series will be transmitted to the applicable securities information processor; however, only those trades that are subject to regular way settlement and are not already locked-in trades will be compared and locked-in through TRACS. Trades that are reported as other than regular way settlement (i.e., Cash, Next-Day, Seller's Option) will not be compared in TRACS or reported to DTCC.
(b) When and How Trade Reports are Submitted to TRACS
(1) TRACS trade comparison Participants who are Reporting Members that choose to submit a trade for comparison shall transmit to TRACS the information required by Rule 4630A Series, as applicable, within 90 seconds of execution.
(2) A TRACS trade comparison Participant who is a Non-Reporting Member to a transaction shall, within twenty (20) minutes after execution accept (or decline, if applicable) a transaction submitted by the Reporting Member for comparison through TRACS. A Non-Reporting Member has an obligation to ensure that the information that it transmits or accepts in TRACS is timely, accurate and complete. Therefore, if a Non-Reporting Member accepts a transaction in TRACS transmitted by the Reporting Member for comparison through TRACS, then the Non-Reporting Member shall be deemed to have adopted all of the data elements required by Rule 4632A, as applicable, concerning the Non-Reporting Member's side of the transaction, absent any subsequent modification of the trade through TRACS.
(3) Trades not required to be reported for public dissemination may still be compared and locked-in through TRACS.
(4) Reporting Members may conduct the following functions in TRACS pursuant to TRACS specifications established by NASD: (i) MMID Trade Entry; (ii) Trade Cancellation; and (iii) Trade Break.
(5) Non-Reporting Members may conduct the following functions in TRACS pursuant to TRACS specifications established by NASD: (i) Trade Accept; (ii) Trade Decline; and (iii) Trade Break.
(6) A party entering a trade report into the TRACS trade comparison feature shall use a designated symbol to denote whether the party is submitting the trade report as the Reporting Member or the Non-Reporting Member.
(c) Reporting Certain Transactions for Purposes of Regulatory Transaction Fee Assessment
Reports submitted to TRACS for the following types of transactions that are assessed a regulatory transaction fee in accordance with Section 3 of Schedule A to the NASD By-Laws must comply with the requirements set forth below. Transactions must be submitted to TRACS by 6:30 p.m. Eastern Time (or the end of the TRACS reporting session that is in effect at that time).
(1) Away From the Market Sales
Transactions where the buyer and seller have agreed to trade at a price substantially unrelated to the current market for the security, and consideration is given, shall be reported to TRACS with a modifier of .RA to designate the transaction as submitted for purposes of the regulatory transaction fee under Section 3 of Schedule A to the NASD By-Laws. Transactions may be entered as clearing or non-clearing.
(2) Exercises of OTC Options
Transactions effected pursuant to the exercise of an OTC option shall be reported to TRACS with a modifier of .RX to designate the transaction as submitted for purposes of the regulatory transaction fee under Section 3 of Schedule A to the NASD By-Laws. Transactions may be entered as clearing or non-clearing.
(d) Members shall not submit to TRACS any report (including but not limited to reports of step-outs and reversals) associated with a previously executed trade that was not reported to TRACS, unless such report is submitted, pursuant to Rule 4632A(e), to reflect the offsetting riskless portion of a riskless principal transaction.
Amended by SR-FINRA-2007-017 eff. March 3, 2008.
Amended by SR-NASD-2007-040 eff. Nov. 5, 2007.
Amended by SR-NASD-2006-055 eff. Dec. 1, 2006.
Amended by SR-NASD-2005-087 eff. Aug. 1, 2006.
Adopted by SR-NASD-2002-97 eff. July 29, 2002.
Selected Notices: 06-39, 07-33, 07-38, 07-63.