8310. Sanctions for Violation of the Rules
This rule is no longer applicable. NASD Rule 8310 has been superseded by FINRA Rule 8310. Please consult the appropriate FINRA Rule.
(a) Imposition of Sanction
After compliance with the Rule 9000 Series, the Association may impose one or more of the following sanctions on a member or person associated with a member for each violation of the federal securities laws, rules or regulations thereunder, the rules of the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board, or Rules of the Association, or may impose one or more of the following sanctions on a member or person associated with a member for any neglect or refusal to comply with an order, direction, or decision issued under the Rules of the Association:
(1) censure a member or person associated with a member;
(2) impose a fine upon a member or person associated with a member;
(3) suspend the membership of a member or suspend the registration of a person associated with a member for a definite period or a period contingent on the performance of a particular act;
(4) expel a member, cancel the membership of a member, or revoke or cancel the registration of a person associated with a member;
(5) suspend or bar a member or person associated with a member from association with all members;
(6) impose a temporary or permanent cease and desist order against a member or a person associated with a member; or
(7) impose any other fitting sanction.
(b) Assent to Sanction
Each party to a proceeding resulting in a sanction shall be deemed to have assented to the imposition of the sanction unless such party files a written application for appeal, review, or relief pursuant to the Rule 9000 Series.
Amended by SR-NASD-98-80 eff. June 23, 2003.
Amended by SR-NASD-97-81 eff. Jan. 16, 1998.
Amended by SR-NASD-97-28 eff. Aug. 7, 1997.
Amended by SR-NASD-95-39 eff. Oct. 10, 1996.
Amended eff. Sept. 1, 1969; July 9, 1984; May 27, 1988; Aug. 16, 1988; Nov. 1, 1991; Apr. 15, 1992.
Selected Notice: 87-22, 88-75, 91-19, 91-52, 92-31, 96-28, 03-35.