As a not-for-profit, self-regulatory organization whose operations are funded by member firm fees—without the support of any taxpayer dollars—FINRA must prudently manage its finances to ensure it can appropriately fund its mission to protect investors and promote market integrity in a manner that facilitates vibrant capital markets.
On This Page
FINRA’s annual reports describe its finances and operations over the prior year.
Download the 2021 Annual Financial Report
Previous Annual Reports
- 2020 FINRA Annual Financial Report
- 2019 FINRA Annual Financial Report
- 2018 FINRA Annual Financial Report
- 2017 FINRA Annual Financial Report
- 2013 FINRA Year in Review and Annual Financial Report
- 2012 FINRA Year in Review and Annual Financial Report
- 2011 FINRA Year in Review and Annual Financial Report
- 2010 FINRA Year in Review and Annual Financial Report
FINRA uses fines to promote compliance and improve markets. On an annual basis, FINRA itemizes and discloses how it uses fine monies it collected in the previous year.
View the Report on Use of 2021 Fine Monies
Previous Fines Reports
- Report on Use of 2020 Fine Monies
- Report on Use of 2019 Fine Monies
- Report on Use of 2018 Fine Monies
- Interim Report on Use of 2017 Fine Monies
FINRA’s annual budgets are designed to meet the evolving challenges posed by FINRA’s ongoing regulatory responsibilities in ways that reflect the Financial Guiding Principles.
2022 Budget at a Glance
- Projects operating revenue of $1,095.5 million
- Anticipates capital initiative spending of $182.5 million, including Key Finance/Board Approved Initiatives
- Projects an increase in operating expenses over 2021 budgeted levels as we resume more normal activities
- FINRA 2021 Annual Budget Summary
- FINRA 2020 Annual Budget Summary
- FINRA 2019 Annual Budget Summary
- FINRA 2018 Annual Budget Summary
FINRA’s Financial Guiding Principles governs how FINRA funds its mission, manages expenses, maintains reasonable member firm fees, uses fine monies and sustains appropriate financial reserves.