For updates and guidance related to COVID-19 / Coronavirus, click here.
12200. Arbitration Under an Arbitration Agreement or the Rules of FINRA
Parties must arbitrate a dispute under the Code if:
• Arbitration under the Code is either:
(1) Required by a written agreement, or
(2) Requested by the customer;
• The dispute is between a customer and a member or associated person of a member; and
• The dispute arises in connection with the business activities of the member or the associated person, except disputes involving the insurance business activities of a member that is also an insurance company.
Amended by SR-FINRA-2008-021 eff. Dec. 15, 2008.
Adopted by SR-NASD-2003-158 eff. April 16, 2007.
Selected Notices: 07-07, 08-57.
- Regulatory Notice 17-33October 18, 2017
- Regulatory Notice 16-25July 22, 2016