(a) The panel may sanction a party for failure to comply with any provision in the Code, or any order of the panel or single arbitrator authorized to act on behalf of the panel.
Unless prohibited by applicable law, sanctions may include, but are not limited to:
• Assessing monetary penalties payable to one or more parties;
• Precluding a party from presenting evidence;
• Making an adverse inference against a party;
• Assessing postponement and/or forum fees; and
• Assessing attorneys' fees, costs and expenses.
(b) The panel may initiate a disciplinary referral at the conclusion of an arbitration.
(c) The panel may dismiss a claim, defense or arbitration with prejudice as a sanction for material and intentional failure to comply with an order of the panel if prior warnings or sanctions have proven ineffective.
Amended by SR-FINRA-2008-021 eff. Dec. 15, 2008.
Adopted by SR-NASD-2003-158 eff. April 16, 2007.
Selected Notice: 07-07, 08-57.