CRD Is Moving to FINRA Gateway
This page is intended to serve as an at-a-glance resource to help broker-dealer firm users track the development of CRD program-related functionality in FINRA Gateway. Retirement dates for Classic CRD features will also be noted on this page as they are announced. Check back for updates and announcements throughout the transition from Classic CRD to FINRA Gateway.
On This Page
- Classic CRD System Features
- FINRA Gateway Features
January 24, 2022: Form BR is now available in FINRA Gateway. Watch the recording of a webinar held in December 2021 to learn about key features of the enhanced filing process.
* Dates and details are subject to change.
We’ve highlighted the important information that you need to know about the work you perform with each Classic CRD feature in the section below. Not all features in Classic CRD will be recreated in FINRA Gateway.
- Form U4: The ability to draft and submit Form U4 in Classic CRD retired April 5, 2021. A read-only version of draft U4s in Classic CRD that were not submitted on or before April 4 were made available through May 15, 2021. The Anonymous CRD Registered Representative site used to collaborate on Form U4 filings enabled with the Allow Rep Edits feature has also retired, and Form U4 collaboration is now performed exclusively through FINRA Gateway and FinPro. Please continue to provide feedback about the experience to FINRA.
- Form U5: The ability to draft and submit Form U5 in Classic CRD retired August 21, 2021. A read-only version of draft U5s in Classic CRD not submitted on or before August 21 will be made available through September 25, 2021. Please continue to provide feedback about the experience to FINRA.
- Form BR: The ability to draft and submit Form BR in Classic CRD will continue to be available until May 1, 2022.
See the FINRA Gateway Forms section of this page for more information about enhanced form filing experiences on the new platform. Retirement timelines for all other forms in Classic CRD have not yet been announced. See the Registration Filing in FINRA Gateway and CRD Registration Forms pages for more information.
Email notifications are fully supported in Classic CRD. FINRA will announce a transition timeframe when one is determined for this feature. Email notifications are not yet available in FINRA Gateway.
Queues are still supported in Classic CRD. FINRA will announce a retirement timeframe when one is determined for this feature. Classic CRD queue information is provided through two features in FINRA Gateway:
- The FINRA Gateway Requests feature notifies firms when an action is required, and
- FINRA Gateway Reports allows firms to create custom reports with CRD Program data.
Individual disclosure letters are fully supported in Classic CRD, and enhanced individual disclosure letters were released in FINRA Gateway May 1, 2021. FINRA encourages broker-dealers to begin using the enhanced FINRA Gateway disclosure letters to provide feedback and update work processes accordingly. Firms that currently respond in bulk to disclosure letters should be aware that FINRA Gateway will not support multiple disclosure letter responses through a single upload. See the FINRA Gateway Requests section of this page for more information.
Broker-dealers can now also use FINRA Gateway Reports to access customizable report templates with real-time CRD Program data. The tool offers more data, including FinPro information, than Classic CRD Reports.
Classic CRD has been updated to provide links to report templates in FINRA Gateway that correspond to the following Classic CRD Reports:
- Branch-Branch Roster
- Branch-Supervising OSJ Branches
- CE - Approaching
- CE Two Year Termed Download
- CE-CE Download
- CE-Current Inactive CE Individuals Within a Firm
- Individual - Active Military Duty Download
- Individual - CRD Filings in lieu of Rule 4530 Application Filing Details Report
- Individual - CRD Filings in lieu of Rule 4530 Application Filing Download
- Individual - Other Business Details Download
- Individual - Recent Hires by Firm
- Individual - Taping Rule Monitoring Report
Firms are encouraged to begin using and providing feedback about these templates in FINRA Gateway Reports. The Classic CRD Reports listed above were retired on August 21, 2021. All other Classic CRD Reports will be maintained until a future retirement date is announced.
View Individual retired August 21, 2021, in Classic CRD. Users should begin using the FINRA Gateway Profiles feature to review individual CRD records. Users may interact with portions of View Individual in Classic CRD while corresponding components of FINRA Gateway Profiles are under development; however, the ability to search for individuals and navigate directly to View Individual is no longer available.
The FINRA Gateway Profiles feature contains composite records for all individuals who have participated in the CRD Program. FINRA is regularly updating the developing features, thanks to early user feedback. We encourage you to share your thoughts with us through the FINRA Gateway Support feature or via email.
View Organization, including branch office information, retired August 21, 2021. Firm and branch information, including the ability to perform a branch search, is available through the FINRA Gateway Profiles feature.
The following tools are being developed in FINRA Gateway thanks to feedback from firms. More information will be provided as it becomes available. See the FINRA Gateway page for additional system details.
This feature allows firms to manage access to particular FinPro features for their associated individuals. Attestation is the first tool available through the Firm Settings panel. More information, including a user guide, is available on the FinPro Firm Resources page.
The following registration forms are currently, or will shortly become, available in FINRA Gateway:
- Form U4: Form U4 is available exclusively in FINRA Gateway, and the ability to draft and submit Form U4 in Classic CRD was retired April 5, 2021. A read-only version of draft U4s in Classic CRD that were not submitted on or before April 4 were made available through May 15, 2021.
There are several changes in the FINRA Gateway Form U4 workflow: A draft filing is initiated from the Actions menu on the individual’s record in Profiles, pending filings can be retrieved through the FINRA Gateway Requests feature, and the Allow Rep Edits collaboration functionality is available exclusively through FinPro (Financial Professional Gateway). A system demonstration is available in the Enhanced U4 Online Filing Webinar recording.
- Form U5: Form U5 was made available in both FINRA Gateway and Classic CRD starting May 17, 2021. The ability to draft and submit Form U5 in Classic CRD retired Aug. 21, 2021.
The enhanced filing experience allows users to update the U5 filing type according to information provided in the draft. Filers are also notified on the summary page if the individual has other relationships with the firm that may also require updating. See the Enhanced U5 Online Filing Webinar recording for more information.
- Form BR: Effective January 24, 2021, Form BR is available in both FINRA Gateway and Classic CRD. The functionality to draft and submit Form BR in Classic CRD will be available until May 1, 2022. After the end of the transition period, Form BR will be only available in FINRA Gateway.
The FINRA Gateway Profiles feature expands upon the View Organization, View Branch and View Individual features in Classic CRD. The Firm Profile consolidates information from Classic CRD and Firm Gateway in one location, and firms can monitor FinPro usage from Individual Profile records. Additionally, users can initiate filings and other related activities from the Actions menu prominently located on each profile page.
FINRA Gateway Reports offers access to real-time data from CRD, FinPro and other FINRA-administered applications. Firms can use the standard templates or create, save and share custom views via email. Complete information, including real-world use cases, is available on the FINRA Gateway Reports page.
Requests is a growing work management tool that consolidates the tasks that firms have historically performed in multiple systems within one central location. Certain actionable CRD queues, pending draft filings and other items are currently available.
Effective May 1, 2021, firms can respond to individual disclosure letters related to documentation requests by uploading files directly through FINRA Gateway. Firms will also be able to navigate from disclosure letters requesting filings to the appropriate individual profile to initiate the appropriate Form U4 or U5 filing. The existing Queues entitlement for Classic CRD will govern access to disclosure letters in FINRA Gateway. No new entitlement will be required.
Although the disclosure letters queue in Classic CRD is still available, firms should begin using FINRA Gateway to review and respond to disclosure letters to provide feedback about this feature and to update work processes before the Classic CRD functionality is retired. Organizations that currently respond to multiple disclosure letters with a consolidated bulk response should be aware that FINRA Gateway will not support this workflow. Please be sure to separate files and information into distinct responses for each individual disclosure letter in the system.
In addition to phone and email, firms can now contact the FINRA Call Center by submitting tickets through the Support feature. Previously created tickets can also be monitored for responses and updated through this feature.