Last modified: November 17, 2023
FINRA's Arbitration Awards database enables users to perform Web-based searches for FINRA and historical NASD arbitration awards free of charge, seven days a week. Also available through the site are historical awards for New York Stock Exchange, the American Stock Exchange, the Philadelphia Stock Exchange, and the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board. Users may search for awards by Case Number, Document Text, Date of Award (by date range), Forum, Document Type, or a combination of search parameters. Awards can be viewed online, printed, or downloaded as text-searchable PDF files.
- Changes to Arbitration Awards Online. FINRA reserves the right to modify or discontinue Arbitration Awards Online with or without notice to you. FINRA will not be liable to you or any third party should it exercise its right to modify or discontinue Arbitration Awards Online. If you object to any such changes, your sole recourse will be to cease access to Arbitration Awards Online and any data accessed through Arbitration Awards Online. Continued use of Arbitration Awards Online or Arbitration Awards Online data following notice of any such changes will indicate your acknowledgement of such changes and satisfaction with Arbitration Awards Online as so modified.
- to assist you, your clients or your organization in determining whether to conduct or continue to conduct securities or commodities business with FINRA member firms or their associated persons;
- to assist you, your clients or your organization in judicial proceedings or arbitration proceedings relating to securities or commodities transactions;
- to assist you, your clients or your organization in complying with securities or financial services laws, rules and regulations; or
- for non-commercial purposes consistent with the promotion of just and equitable principles of trade and the protection of investors and the public interest.
All other uses are strictly prohibited.
- clearly indicate Arbitration Awards Online is the source of any data;
- specify how the Arbitration Awards Online data is used, describe any changes made to the Arbitration Awards Online data and describe your basis for any recommendations or ratings of brokers or firms derived from the Arbitration Awards Online data;
- provide a reasonable mechanism for third parties to report to you any errors or outdated information in the Arbitration Awards Online data and (a) timely correct such errors or outdated information if produced by you or (b) if Arbitration Awards Online is the source of such errors or outdated information, instruct such third party to notify FINRA; and
- disclose when the Arbitration Awards Online data was retrieved, and use reasonable efforts to ensure such data is the most current data available through Arbitration Awards Online at the time of publication/distribution.
- decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, modify, distribute, or create derivative works or improvements from Arbitration Awards Online or any portion thereof, or attempt to discover any source code, protocols, or other trade secrets in Arbitration Awards Online;
- obtain or attempt to obtain unauthorized access to FINRA’s network;
- incorporate Arbitration Awards Online into any hardware or software device;
- use, export, or re-export Arbitration Awards Online in violation of applicable laws or regulations;
- sell, lease, loan, distribute, transfer, or sublicense Arbitration Awards Online or the data contained therein or access thereto or derive income from the use or provision thereof, whether for direct commercial or monetary gain or otherwise;
- develop or create a database of data using Arbitration Awards Online or the data contained therein;
- use any process to monitor or copy Arbitration Awards Online in bulk, , or use any data mining, scraping or harvesting tools (including robots) or any similar data gathering or extraction tools;
- use any device, software or routine to bypass any software or hardware that limits the volume or frequency of requests for the Arbitration Awards Online data;
- attempt to interfere or interfere with the proper working of Arbitration Awards Online, including taking any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on Arbitration Awards Online (including by making voluminous, excessive or repetitive requests for data) or FINRA;
- alter or modify the factual content of the Arbitration Awards Online data;
- create derivative works or improvements from Arbitration Awards Online data;
- use Arbitration Awards Online data for unsolicited marketing of goods or services;
- use Arbitration Awards Online or Licensed Marks in a manner that infringes, violates or misappropriates FINRA’s, its affiliates, or a third party’s intellectual property rights;
- display Arbitration Awards Online or the Licensed Marks on any website or in any manner that disparages FINRA or is otherwise threatening, vulgar or inappropriate as FINRA determines, in its sole discretion;
- use any portion of the Arbitration Awards Online in the development of any software program or in conjunction with any machine learning, neural network, deep learning, predictive analytics or other artificial intelligence computer or software program, including, without limitation, by using any portion of the Arbitration Awards Online in conjunction with a model, algorithm, or process that is designed to predict trades for or within an individual portfolio, fund, or other investment vehicle; or
- use Arbitration Awards Online for any purposes, other than those specified in Section 4 or Section 5, for which you have not been granted written permission by FINRA.
FINRA, in its sole discretion, may approve or reject any requests.
- Disclaimers; Limitation of Liability.
- YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT ARBITRATION AWARDS ONLINE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" WITH ALL FAULTS AND THAT YOUR USE OF ARBITRATION AWARDS ONLINE SHALL BE AT YOUR SOLE RISK. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, FINRA, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, AFFILIATES, AND LICENSORS (THE “FINRA PARTIES”) DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN CONNECTION WITH ARBITRATION AWARDS ONLINE AND YOUR USE THEREOF. FINRA MAKES NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE QUALITY, ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF ARBITRATION AWARDS ONLINE AND ASSUMES NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY: (I) ERRORS OR OMMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT; (II) TECHNICAL ERRORS AFFECTING ARBITRATION AWARDS ONLINE IN ANY WAY; (III) BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH ARBITRATION AWARDS ONLINE BY ANY THIRD PARTY; AND/OR (IV) LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF ARBITRATION AWARDS ONLINE.
- NO ADVICE, INFORMATION, OR DATA, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM FINRA OR THROUGH OR FROM USE OF ARBITRATION AWARDS ONLINE SHALL BE INTENDED TO PROVIDE ANY LEGAL, TAX, INVESTMENT OR FINANCIAL ADVICE OR TO BE COMPLETE ON ANY SUBJECT MATTER CONTAINED THEREIN.
- Third-Party Beneficiaries. Nothing in this Agreement confers any legal or equitable right, benefit or remedy upon any party other than you and FINRA.
- Injunction. In the event of any actual or threatened unauthorized use, loss or disclosure of the Arbitration Awards Online data, FINRA will be entitled, without waiving any other rights or remedies, to immediate injunctive or equitable relief from a court of competent jurisdiction and may obtain any order restraining any threatened or future unauthorized use, loss or disclosure, in each case, on use of affidavit evidence or otherwise, and without furnishing proof of actual damages or posting a bond or other surety.