Central Registration Depository (Web CRD)
FINRA operates the Central Registration Depository (Web CRD®), the central licensing and registration system used by the U.S. securities industry and its regulators. Web CRD contains the registration records of broker-dealer firms and their associated individuals including their qualification, employment and disclosure histories; it also facilitates the processing of form filings, fingerprint submissions, qualification exams and continuing education sessions. Web CRD is a secure system that only firms and regulators that have been granted access by FINRA can use. Learn more about requesting access, system functionality and best practices on the pages linked below.
The general public can review reports generated from Web CRD information that is disclosable through our investor protection tool, BrokerCheck.
- FINRA’s Annual Entitlement Certification Begins April 22
FINRA’s Annual User Accounts Certification Period will begin April 22, 2019, and conclude June 21, 2019. During this designated period, Super Account Administrators (SAAs) for firms with more than one user must certify that users at their firm who require access to applications in FINRA’s Entitlement Program have the appropriate entitlement privileges to perform their job responsibilities. For detailed information, refer to the Annual Entitlement User Accounts Certification Process page.
- FBI Fingerprint Fee Change
Effective January 1, 2019, the FBI fingerprint fee increased from $10.00 to $11.25. See the Fingerprint Fees page for more information about how this will impact fingerprint submissions sent to FINRA.
- 2019 Renewal Program
- Final Statements were published in E-Bill Wed., Jan. 2. Payment must be available in the Flex-Funding or Renewal account on Mon., Jan. 21, in order to be "on time." FINRA transferred overpayments to Flex-Funding Accounts; firms with a credit balance may submit a refund request or leave the funds in their account to pay other future fees.
- New! Firm Renewal Report Guide: Firms can use this guide, in conjunction with the Renewals - Firm Renewal Report and Download available in CRD Reports, to identify the renewal fees assessed per registered individual.
- Announcement posted on behalf of Nebraska's Department of Banking and Finance: Effective December 2018, Nebraska's Department of Banking and Finance has made available a new online portal that allows broker-dealer and investment adviser firms to electronically submit information for its citizenship verification process. For complete information, please visit the Nebraska website.
- Florida Military Fee Waiver Program: The Florida Office of Financial Regulation now provides active military members, veterans, their spouses, and their surviving spouses an opportunity for reimbursement of fees associated with licensure of securities associated persons. Visit the State of Florida’s Office of Financial Regulation for more information.
- Web CRD and IARD Release Notes 2018.12
View an explanation of changes to Web CRD and IARD implemented with Release 2018.12 on December 8, 2018.